Thursday, October 18, 2012

With Kellie Rickell


Part 1-Delhi-Calicut-Wayanad!


The last couple of weeks I have meeting a lot of wonderful people. That's a bonus of being an accommodation provider!!! Indian Untravelled a non-profit organization based in delhi have been sending really fascinating people to my homestay, and this time it was Kelly Rickell a solo traveler from UK.

 My knowledge on Kellies travel plans were minimum other than Shivya  had passed on to me. She would be flying down to Calicut and then will be heading to Wayanad. That afternoon around 1:30 i received a text message from Kellie saying that she had touched down at Calicut and will be heading to the Bus station by taxi. An hour later another text message flashed on my mobile-I have boarded the bus; How long will it take from the bus station to your place? 15 minutes- my reply was immediate

Until Kellies next text came in I didn't realize I had totally misguided Kellie. "It's 20 minutes now why am i not reaching your place." Oof i realized Kellie was in a bit trouble. What a way to welcome a lady travelling alone!! Immediately i rang up Kellie. Hi-Kellie replied in a very welcoming tone. When I told her that bus will take 2 hours to reach Meenangadi in Wayanad and my place is 15 minutes from Meenagadi bus station, Kellie giggled and in an approving tone she said - That makes sense!!     (To be continued....)

No comments: